Hello all

This blog is about the art of savoir faire, sauciness and style and the fuller figure.

Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself ~ Oscar de la Renta.


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Saturday 12 March 2016

Decluttering Your Wardrobe Part 1

I knew I had to get rid of a lot of clothes - I had what seemed like "heaps" of clothes, yet had nothing to wear. Some no longer fitted me, others didn't seem to "go" with things and most of the tops were prints. I would have preferred plain but most if not all, the tops only came in prints, they didn't make them in plain colours. There was the odd one or two which were plain, like the coral, sleeveless top with tiny buttons and pleats down the front, and the black one more suited to cooler weather and a white one I bought but never wore because nice though it was it emphasised my "fatness"! And so.....something had to be done.

I had discovered TS (Taking Shape) did have some things that were me. Previously I had ignored this clothing label because most of their stuff was all layers and stuff, weird, wide skirts and designs and definitely not me, but then I discovered they also had Virtu. This label is younger, funkier and a bit more casual, much more me and I quite liked some of their range. And so the whole new wardrobe thing began.

When changing your wardrobe, unless you make a conscious effort and sit down and plan it, it takes a lot of money, time and hit and miss which is what happened with me. How I wish I'd thought to find out and read up about decluttering your wardrobe before I began, but there we are - we think of these things later. Or shutting the stable gate after the horse has bolted as mum and dad would say!

Forget prints and patterns


Above: Top row - these are both from the Sara label from DJ's, on sale, cheap price, massive mark down. - Big mistake! Don't buy something because it's "on sale!" Second row: The black/white/orange top is from Yarra Trail Woman, not all that cheap. Bought in Port Fairy January 2015. Lovely fabric but bought on impulse. Beware impulse buying.. Next to this is the BIB top. Another fashion mistake. I don't wear the BIB label - it's old looking and old-lady clothes, daggy and dowdy. This looked alright online though - Myer had it for $17 (again, cheap) but I have never worn it and these too, went the way of the rest. See what I mean about impulse buying?

Remember - think before you buy. Look at it but don't buy it. Really think about it and picture how it will look with the rest of your wardrobe. Do this with every piece of clothing you are tempted to buy. It works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...