Hello all

This blog is about the art of savoir faire, sauciness and style and the fuller figure.

Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself ~ Oscar de la Renta.


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Trials of the Plus-Size Clothing

I'm not sure really why I decided to start a blog about having to buy bigger clothes, aka plus sized clothing, except that nothing ever fits properly - nothing.

First, there's the problem of you can't go to just any of the clothing shops or department stores to buy a new jumper or coat or skirt or whatever, because they either don't carry clothes over a certain size (usually a 16) or if they do, they're bloody ugly.

Let's start with the major department stores - Target, Big W, Kmart, Myer and David Jones. The plus size clothes in Target, Big W and Kmart are bloody ugly, they're old, dated and frumpy looking. There was a time about ten years ago, when the "Options Plus" at Target were awful and I bemoaned the fact that they looked horrible. Then, I lost weight and kept if off for a couple of years and when I was next in Target, saw the Options Plus range had really changed - they were so different to when I was big and I remembered thinking to myself, "Why didn't they have nice clothes like that when I was big and needed them?"

Fast forward, gradually the weight crept back on and now I'm even bigger than I was when I was big before. About 11 kgs more and two sizes bigger. Target's bigger girl's clothes are "Moda" and gawd they're ugly. You can be lucky and find one or two items which are nice, but on the whole, they're awful. That is my opinion, you may think otherwise. Ditto for Kmart and Big W.

Then I discovered Big City Chic - oh my god, they had clothes in my size that looked nice. They were young, trendy and with it and had an edgy look - they were funky. At long last I had found overweight heaven - clothes for larger sized people that looked good. At last I could buy trousers/pants that didn't have a baggy seat and crotch hanging down to my knees. But they weren't cheap though.
Autograph was cheaper but they were old, old, old - I wouldn't be caught dead in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...